When you need a quick lunch, it doesn’t have to be complicated to be healthy! This is what I threw together today for my midday meal.
- Micro greens
- 1/3 Cucumber, peeled*
- 1/2 Mango
- Sustainable and Wild caught salad shrimp (found these in the frozen section at Sprouts)
- Avocado Pesto (had some leftover from a recipe the night before)
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (I prefer 2)
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Fresh ground pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- Slowly add up to 1/3 cup of water to achieve desired consistency
- Defrost 1 ounce of shrimp by leaving out at room temp for a few hours
- Blend Avocado Pesto ingredients in a food processor
- Chop cucumber and mango
- Prepare lettuce wraps
- Drizzle Avocado Pesto over wraps
A simple and delicious lunch!
*Use organic ingredients when possible especially for any ‘dirty dozen’ produce.