A little humor to end the week 🙂
Eat your KEEN-wah! Why?? Check out 9 health benefits of this superfood…
1. Incredibly nutritious
2. Contains flavonoids, quercetin and kaempferol, which are plant antioxidants that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer, and anti-depressant effects.
3. High in fiber
4. Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance.
5. High in protein with all the essential amino acids our bodies need.
6. Low glycemic index- no spike in blood sugar here!
7. High in minerals most people lack- magnesium, potassium, zinc, (and for women) iron.
8. Loaded with antioxidants which neutralize free radicals in our bodies and keep us healthy.
9. The Incas ate it and considered it to be the “mother of all grains”, and even believed it to be sacred. The Incas knew their stuff!
It’s really easy to cook (just like rice) and can be eaten with any meal. It’s a great change up to oatmeal (cook with almond milk and cinnamon), cooked with veggies and eggs for breakfast, as a side dish, etc. Go get your quinoa on!